Dominik Mersch Gallery’s ‘Kunst Society’ offers access to an exclusive series of artist talks, studio visits, dinners, collection tours and film screenings. We have tailored these events to give collectors and art-lovers the chance to see behind the scenes and meet a community of like-minded people that are passionate about contemporary art.
A ‘Kunst Society’ membership is perfect for those that seek new knowledge about the art world and want to surround themselves with stimulating company. We will be collaborating with international and Australian artists as well as accomplished curators and creative professionals. The first 50 members to join will also receive a limited edition engraved keyring by Emma Fielden.
Choose from an annual membership for $190, or save with a double membership for $350.
We will be hosting 6+ events annually. For our 2020 program:
- Listen to an ensemble of Yanigasawa saxophones played by The Australian World Orchestra amongst new works by Kei Takemura. The musicians will guide you through the exhibition with a score composed by Christina Leonard that speaks to the objects mended by the artist with silk and thread.
- Visit Janet Laurence’s ethereal studio, which is brimming with works in progress, salvaged coral, plants, and her expansive collection of books. Hear about her decades-long exploration of the natural world through art and savour a botanical fusion tasting through her ‘Elixir Bar’ project.
- Accompany Tim Johnson for a walk-through of ‘Tim Johnson: Artist Room’ at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Australia. Hear the stories that inspired the works on display, which are drawn from the MCA Collection and focus on his paintings, photographs and performances from the 1970s and 80s.
- Hear author Skadi Heckmueller share her special knowledge of private collections in Australia, New Zealand, Germany and Switzerland. Offering tips to curious art-lovers about collections that feature in her three published guide books, Heckmueller will speak to the history of the architecture, the idiosyncrasies of the collectors, and the extraordinary art at the heart of it all.
- More events to be announced soon.
In addition to our six featured events, join us at Sydney Contemporary 2020 for a tour of the art fair highlights and have access to artist talks and previews with visiting international artists throughout the year, including John Beard, Clemens Krauss, and celebrated French artist and Prix Marcel Duchamp recipient Clément Cogitore.
Please note that events are subject to change with two weeks’ notice.